Ways to Keep Your Curly Hair Moisturized
Not many things feel worse than dry, brittle, crunchy hair. In addition to feeling bad, it all but guarantees a bad hair day. Depending on your hair type and its level of porosity, keeping natural hair moisturized can be a challenge. Try one (or more) of these ten moisturizing strategies.
- A weekly shampoo will help keep your hair and scalp clean and free from product build-up.
- Alcohol is very drying to your hair, so try to avoid products with high alcohol content.
- Hydrate your hair from the inside out by drinking at least 8 glasses (8oz each) of water every single day.
- Water your hair on the outside, too, by choosing moisturizers that list water as the main ingredient.
- Snip off split and brittle ends and your hair will do a better job of retaining the moisture you add to it.
- Make time once a month or so for a rich, creamy, deep conditioner on a regular basis.
- After you, shampoo and condition, wrap your hair in a towel and gently blot it dry. Don’t rub, pull, scrub, or tug.
- Seal the moisture in your hair with a healthy, all-natural oil formulated to lock in hydration.
- Know the difference between styling products and moisturizing products. Don’t skip the moisturizer in favor of the styling product. Instead, layer products carefully and in the right order to reap the benefits of both.
- Experiment until you find the right products for your hair, but once you find a moisturizing routine that works for you, stick with it.
These moisturizing tips should help you keep your tresses thriving and stave off dryness. Your thirsty hair will thank you. Try one of our amazing moisturizers today and watch your hair go from uh-oh to AH-HA!